Claims Helpdesk Ltd (We) are committed to protecting and respecting your privacy.
This policy sets out the basis on which any personal data we collect from you, or that you provide to us, will be processed by us. Please read the following carefully to understand our views and practices regarding your personal data and how we will treat it. By visitingwww.claimshelpdesk.co.uk you are accepting and consenting to the practices described in this policy.
For the purpose of the Data Protection Act 2018 (the Act), Claims Helpdesk Ltd of St James Business Centre, Wilderspool Causeway, Warrington WA4 6PS registered Company Number 6948589 is the data controller, our registration number with the Information Commissioners Office is Z2475974.
Information we may collect from you
We may collect and process the following data about you:
- Information you give us. You may give us information about you by filling in forms on our site www.claimshelpdesk.co.uk (our site) or by corresponding with us by phone, e-mail or otherwise. This includes information you provide when you register to use our site, subscribe to our service, participate in discussion boards or other social media functions on our site, enter a competition, promotion or survey, and when you report a problem with our site. The information you give us may include your name, address, e-mail address and phone number, personal description. This information will include personal details including salutations, addresses, bank details to assist with a claim ,contact telephone numbers and where necessary special category data relating to health where you freely inform us of concerns to you during a claims process or a vulnerability, or where it is relevant to the claim only.
- Information we collect about
With regard to each of your visits to our site we may automatically
collect the following information:
- technical information, including the Internet protocol (IP) address used to connect your computer to the Internet, your login information, browser type and version, time zone setting, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform;
- information about your visit, including the full Uniform Resource Locators (URL) clickstream to, through and from our site (including date and time); products you viewed or searched for; page response times, download errors, length of visits to certain pages, page interaction information (such as scrolling, clicks, and mouse-overs), and methods used to browse away from the page and any phone number used to call our customer service number.
Information we receive from other sources. We may receive information about you if you use any of the other websites we operate or the other services we provide. We are also working closely with third parties (including, for example, business partners, sub-contractors in technical, payment and delivery services, search information providers) and may receive information about you from them. Our partners include Lawton Hathaway Ltd, Straight Forward Media Ltd, Green Flamingo. We sometimes use third party marketers to obtain your consent to us contacting you about our reclaim services. This can be by online adverts, advertorials, landing pages and submission platforms that allow you to enter your details requesting our contact; or it may be by telephone survey. We will only process your personal data with consent except where made explicit in this policy” – This is a recommendation to satisfy the ‘transparency’ rules around Data Protection.
Uses made of the information
We use information held about you in the following ways:
- Information you give to us. We will use this
- to carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us and to provide you with the information, products and services that you request from us;
- to provide you with information about other goods and services we offer that are similar to those that you have already purchased or enquired about;
- to provide you with
information about goods or services we feel may interest you:
- If you are an existing customer, we will contact you by electronic means (e-mail or SMS) with information about goods and services similar to those which were the subject of a previous sale or negotiation of a sale to you.
- If you are a new customer we will contact you by electronic means if you have consented to this by selecting the opt-in box on the form of on our website where you enter your information.
- to notify you about changes to our service;
- to ensure that content from our site is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer.
- Information we collect about
will use this information:
- to administer our site and for internal operations, including troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, research, statistical and survey purposes;
- to improve our site to ensure that content is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer;
- as part of our efforts to keep our site safe and secure;
- to measure or understand the effectiveness of advertising we serve to you and others, and to deliver relevant advertising to you;
- to make suggestions and recommendations to you and other users of our site about goods or services that may interest you or them.
- Information we receive from other sources. We may combine this information with information you give to us and information we collect about you. We may use this information and the combined information for the purposes set out above (depending on the types of information we receive).
Disclosure of your information
We may disclose your personal information to third parties and you will be informed beforehand:
- In the event that we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we may disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets.
- If Claims Helpdesk Ltd or substantially all of its assets are acquired by a third party, in which case personal data held by it about its customers will be one of the transferred assets.
- If we are under a duty to disclose or share your personal data in order to comply with any legal obligation; or to protect the rights, property, or safety of Claims Helpdesk, our customers, or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organisations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
Where we store your personal data
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our site; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
How long do we store your personal information?
Personal data processed for any purpose or purposes shall not be held for longer than necessary. We will securely delete information that is no longer needed for this purpose or purposes and update, archive or securely delete information if it goes out of date. We may need to keep some personal data so that we can deal with any complaints that might be raised about the services provided. This will be for a period of up to 12 months after the service is completed and our fees have been paid.
You have the right to ask us not to process your personal data for marketing purposes. We will usually inform you (before collecting your data) and seek your permission if we intend to use your data for such purposes or if we intend to disclose your information to any third party for such purposes. You can exercise your right to prevent such processing by not agreeing to us collecting your data by not checking certain boxes on the forms we use to collect your data. You can also exercise the right at any time by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Our site may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of our partner networks, advertisers and affiliates. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites.
Access, Erase or rectification of information
The GDPR gives you the right to access information held about you. Your right of access can be exercised in accordance with the GDPR. We will not charge you for access to the data we hold on you so long as any request to provide your details is reasonable and not duplicated. You may request access by contacting email@example.com and request a “subject access”. You will also have the option to request that we rectify the information we hold on you if it is incorrect and evidence of this can be supplied by email to firstname.lastname@example.org with the request of “rectification”. You may also request erasure of your data where it reflects no relevance to the company. This might be because there is no current valid contract of service as it may have elapsed. In this case the company would delete all unnecessary data stored within one month of the request. Some basic information would reasonably be retained but you may request deletion by emailing email@example.com and request a “data deletion”. Please note that due to regulations, we cannot guarantee that all data will be deleted and the validity of this will be explained in response to any request.
If I ask for a Data Subject Access Request what will I need to provide to access this.
Claims Helpdesk Ltd will require copies of the following forms of ID when information on your personal data is requested: Passport, driving licence, birth certificate, utility bill from last 3 months
If you wish to make a complaint in respect of the data we hold about you which we have been unable to successfully resolve then you do have the right to contact the ICO (Information Commissioners Office) by calling their helpline on 0303 123 1113 and report your concern.
Updated March 2019